Tuesday 24 May 2011

new design.

once I get the photo's off my camera a full blog on the inlay and shirts design will surface, til then here're pics of the designs I've got on the office computer...

the inlay..this took Bloody ages - the thing was drawn out onto an A3 sheet directly as I didn't have a computer to lay it all out on, the main logo at the top took 3hrs+, no idea how long the rest of it took but was started at 7pm on 6th April and finished at 12midnight on 5th May..the text was typed up on my typewriter then I traced the text through onto the A3 sheet and sorta laid it out by eye. nothing was measured out before-hand, so was a bit hairy at times, but overall I'm happy with how it's turned out. the reverse print is the "dots" shirt design, but an expanded pattern to fill the sheet (the design as it is on the shirt was too small for this reverse-area) and the inlay is printed on a slightly off-white 120gsm card..folds down to a 6-panel fold-out

Photobucket


the shirt..in stark contrast, this one was a breeze of a design to get knocked together. The concept came to me in a flash at 7pm, and by 9pm the whole damn thing was drawn out (again) on an A3 sheet. within 3 days we had the shirt screened. the "enjoy antares" embellishment was added at the final hour as the whole thing just felt incomplete to me. just having "antares" didn't feel right for whatever reason, maybe because it had been said over-and-over-and-over throughout the design I felt it needed a re-phrasing?! who the fuck knows, but think it was a good idea..we've limited numbers of Small and X-Large, slightly more in Large and most in Medium. Heavy Gilden shirts. this is the design :

Photobucket

BUY!
antares.bigcartel.com

steve


No comments:

Post a Comment